Thought the below was an interesting snippet from a dialogue I had….
Collaboration tools: Even a small group…will quickly get unwieldy if we coordinate using long CC-chains on email threads.
I think the minimum requirements are central management, email lists, and document sharing.
Options that come to mind are:
– Google G-suite, Drive, and Groups (free for nonprofits, robust features, integrate with existing login…)
– Slack plus Dropbox (more suited for teams who are actively collaborating, but it could be a great framework)
– Yammer (looks great, but I’ve never really used it)
– Office365 (it’s heavyweight and costs money, but it’ll give us all the features we could ever imagine)
– Basecamp (I haven’t used it in years, and it’s more about project management than collaboration)